Monday, August 3, 2009

Call me...Ishmael?

Well, 12 hours in the airport contributed to a very long day, but it wasn't my worst airport/airline experience ever. I once ran around the three terminals at Newark because the airline kept changing the gate, that was pretty harrowing, and that was only in the span of a few hours.

I decided instead to look at it as just another one of the many challenges that make up our lives, and instead of holding in frustration, used the time to scour the job postings on idealist (didn't see anything quite right on Saturday, but it's Monday today!)

The weather here in King's County is peculiar, if you go off the almanacs. It rained most of yesterday, and it's overcast today, but it's not exactly sweltering. (Is climate change the culprit?) The temperature should make today's job-hunting expedition all the more pleasant.
I plan on stopping by a cute little vintage shop I've been to once or twice, see if they are hiring. I don't want to be in retail for much longer, but I can do it, and it would be a good platform.

I've put an APB out among my friends and friend's friends, and continue to pore over the postings on Idealist.org and craigslist. It's exciting to start completely fresh, I know I'm young, but I feel even younger, only with much more experience.

Thanks for all your comments and e-mails, keep 'em coming. They don't fall on deaf ears, or blind eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment